Healthy Banana Muffins
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
Healthy Banana Muffins- flourless banana muffins that are super moist with lots of banana flavor. They are naturally sweetened with honey and make a great breakfast on the go or snack! The muffins are freezer friendly too! And if you want to add a handful of chocolate chips, I say, go for it!
- 2 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas, 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup honey, can use pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, or milk of choice
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips or chopped nuts, optional
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar for sprinkling on muffins, optional
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Spray the liners with cooking spray and set aside.
Place the oats in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas, honey or maple syrup, milk, melted coconut oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
Add the dry ingredients and stir together until just combined. Don’t over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips or nuts, if using.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, I like to use an ice cream scoop. Sprinkle turbinado sugar evenly onto the muffins. Bake for 20 to 23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Use gluten-free oats to make the recipe gluten-free.
The muffins will keep in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the muffins for up to 3 months.
Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 207mg | Potassium: 171mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 52IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg