Easy Overnight Oats
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
Learn how to make Overnight Oats, a great make-ahead breakfast that is healthy, satisfying, and delicious! Plus, this easy overnight oats recipe is very customizable.
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, or milk of your choice
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, can use vegan yogurt or extra milk
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon, optional
- Pinch of sea salt
- Toppings: fresh fruit, dried fruit, nut butter, chopped nuts, coconut, granola, etc.
In a jar or bowl, combine the oats, milk, yogurt, maple syrup, chia seeds, vanilla cinnamon, and sea salt.
Stir well to make sure all the ingredients are combined. Cover with a lid and place in the refrigerator overnight.
In the morning, remove from the refrigerator and stir. If they are too thick, you can add a splash of milk. Top with desired toppings and mix-ins (see the post for ideas). Eat and enjoy!
You can stir in fruit, nut butter, and protein powder when making the oats or just add them as toppings. If you are going to use nuts, coconut, or granola I would wait and add them as toppings, so they don’t get soggy.
Overnight oats will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, but if you add in fruit, I would eat them by day 3.
Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 184mg | Potassium: 252mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 4IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 259mg | Iron: 2mg