Sausage and Peppers
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
You only need 25 minutes to make this easy sheet pan sausage and peppers meal! It is the perfect weeknight dinner! You can serve with pasta, make a hoagie, eat with eggs, or eat right off the sheet pan!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: American, Italian
Keyword: peppers, sausage, sheet pan
- 12 ounces precooked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Dash of crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Garnish: fresh parsley or basil, optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the sausage rounds, pepper strips, and onion on the prepared pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Top with garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes, if using. Toss well until evenly coated.
Arrange in an even layer and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring halfway, or until vegetables are tender and slightly browned.
Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Serve with rice, pasta (can add marinara sauce), or make a sausage pepper hoagie sandwich. Butter hoagie rolls and toast in the oven. Top with sausage, peppers, and provolone cheese. Broil just until the cheese is melted and serve warm. You can also add to a salad or enjoy with eggs.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 873mg | Potassium: 178mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1300IU | Vitamin C: 96mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg