Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
These lettuce wraps are made with ground chicken, fresh vegetables, herbs, and a flavorful Asian-inspired sauce. Wrap all of the ingredients up in a crisp lettuce leaf and serve as an appetizer or main dish! A fun and delicious recipe!
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
For the chicken:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1 lb. ground chicken, can use ground turkey or pork
- 8 oz can water chestnuts, drained and diced
For the lettuce wraps:
- 1 large head Boston or butter lettuce, separated
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews, or peanuts
In a small bowl, whisk together the hoisin, soy sauce, lime juice, chili garlic sauce, mint, ginger, and garlic. Set aside.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the ground chicken and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 3 to 5 minutes. Add in the water chestnuts and pour in the sauce. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
To assemble the lettuce wraps, spoon the mixture into the center of the lettuce leaves. Top with shredded cabbage, carrots, scallions, cilantro, mint, and chopped cashews. Serve immediately.
Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 1082mg | Potassium: 1004mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 4405IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 3mg