Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
These easy pumpkin muffins are a fall favorite for breakfast or snack time. You will never know they are healthy because they are SO delicious!
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk at room temperature (or milk of your choice)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Turbinado sugar for sprinkling on muffins, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners or grease the cups with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, eggs, maple syrup, cooled coconut oil, milk, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir with a spatula until just combined. Don't over mix.
Pour the muffin batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle the muffins with turbinado sugar, if using. Bake for 20-24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Let the muffins cool and enjoy!
Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 206mg | Potassium: 92mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 865IU | Vitamin C: 0.9mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 0.6mg