Easy White Chicken Chili
Using rotisserie chicken makes this comforting and delicious white bean chili super easy! It is a weeknight favorite during the cold months.
Recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 30 ounces white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces diced green chiles
- 3 to 4 cups chicken broth (depending on how thick you want your chili)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (or shredded cooked chicken)
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: avocado slices, shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro
In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Cook the onion until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add in the garlic and jalapeno and cook for 2 more minutes.
Add the white beans, green chiles, chicken broth, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, oregano, chicken, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Stir and let simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
Ladle chili into bowls and serve with desired toppings.
Calories: 327kcal, Carbohydrates: 35g, Protein: 28g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 54mg, Sodium: 211mg, Potassium: 922mg, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 225IU, Vitamin C: 7.3mg, Calcium: 136mg, Iron: 5.4mg