Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Everyone loves this easy banana bread recipe! The melty chocolate chips make the banana bread extra special.
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas (3 medium ripe bananas)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips divided
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar for sprinkling on bread
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas with the brown sugar and mix until smooth. Stir in the eggs until well combined. Pour in the melted butter and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined, don’t over mix. Gently fold in ¾ cup of the chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle turbinado sugar over the top. Top with the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean, about 50 to 60 minutes.
Remove the bread from the oven and let sit in pan for 10 minutes. Loosen with a bread knife around the edges and carefully remove the bread from the pan. Cool completely on a cooling rack before slicing.
Calories: 295kcal, Carbohydrates: 43g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 49mg, Sodium: 169mg, Potassium: 168mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 26g, Vitamin A: 320IU, Vitamin C: 1.8mg, Calcium: 61mg, Iron: 1.4mg