Asian Inspired Cucumber Salad
This cool and crisp cucumber salad makes a great side dish to any meal.
- 2 English cucumbers thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Crushed red pepper to taste
Place the sliced cucumbers in a bowl and sprinkle with salt, to taste. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the rice wine vinegar, granulated sugar, sesame oil, cilantro, scallions, garlic, and ginger. Drizzle the mixture over the cucumbers.
Sprinkle salad with sesame seeds and crushed red pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
Calories: 59kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 229mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 0.7mg