Southwest Pasta Salad
This Southwest Pasta Salad is great for potlucks, parties, BBQ's, and easy meals! It is a summer favorite!
For the pasta salad:
- 8 oz small pasta
- 1 small red onion diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeds removed and chopped
- 1 ear fresh corn kernels removed
- 1 2.25 oz can sliced olives, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 large avocado pit removed and chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice about 4 limes
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse well to cool.
While the pasta is cooking, combine the onion, tomatoes, pepper, corn, and olives in a large mixing bowl.
In a glass measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, garlic, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Add the cooked pasta to the bowl with the vegetables, and pour the dressing over the pasta and vegetables. Stir until all of the ingredients are well coated. Sprinkle cilantro over the pasta and stir again. Cover with a lid and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Add avocado and cheese right before serving and gently stir.
Note-this salad will keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. If you can't find fresh corn, you can use canned corn niblets, make sure you drain the corn. For vegan, leave out the cheese and for gluten-free use gluten-free pasta.
Calories: 244kcal, Carbohydrates: 23g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 4mg, Sodium: 301mg, Potassium: 308mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 520IU, Vitamin C: 33.6mg, Calcium: 42mg, Iron: 0.7mg