You only need 20 minutes to make this easy sesame noodle recipe! Perfect for a quick and easy lunch or dinner! And leftover cold sesame noodles are SO good!
- 10 ounces udon noodles can use soba or spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup tamari or lite soy sauce
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- Half a garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons sriracha plus more to taste
- Toppings: chopped roasted peanuts thinly sliced scallions, sesame seeds
Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the noodles and cook according to the package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer noodles to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine the sesame oil, tamari, vinegar, peanut butter, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and sriracha. Blend until smooth. Add more sriracha, to taste, if desired.
Add the sauce to the pot with the noodles. Toss to coat; taste and adjust seasoning. Top each serving with peanuts, scallions, and sesame seeds.
Note-use gluten-free noodles and gluten-free tamari to make it gluten-free.
Calories: 443kcal, Carbohydrates: 57g, Protein: 15g, Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 1770mg, Potassium: 108mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 13g, Vitamin C: 1.5mg, Calcium: 13mg, Iron: 0.6mg