This easy one pot meal is the perfect weeknight dinner. Serve with crusty bread or garlic bread.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans vegetable broth
- 2 (14 oz) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small parmesan rind
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- 1 cup dried ditalini or other small pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving, optional
In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Stir in the bay leaves.
Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth, beans, and parmesan rind. Stir in the thyme, basil, rosemary, and crushed red pepper. Season with salt and black pepper. Let simmer on low for about 15 minutes.
Stir in the pasta and turn up the heat to medium. Cook until pasta is tender, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in the parsley. Remove the bay leaves and parmesan rind.
Ladle into bowls and serve with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Note-for gluten-free, use gluten-free pasta. We like to serve the soup with crusty bread or garlic bread.
Calories: 195kcal, Carbohydrates: 32g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 5g, Sodium: 305mg, Potassium: 514mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 1940IU, Vitamin C: 21.5mg, Calcium: 87mg, Iron: 2.8mg