This easy basil vinaigrette is great as a salad dressing or sauce for chicken, fish, vegetables, or pasta. It is great to have on hand!
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place the basil, garlic, shallot, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, olive oil, and pepper in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, if necessary. Serve!
Note-vinaigrette will keep in a jar or container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Calories: 126kcal, Carbohydrates: 1g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 292mg, Potassium: 30mg, Vitamin A: 315IU, Vitamin C: 1.9mg, Calcium: 11mg, Iron: 0.3mg