Roasted Garlic Bacon Blue Cheese Dip
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
This loaded chip dip is a great appetizer for parties. It is easy to make and always a hit.
- 1 head garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 6 strips cooked bacon chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Kettle Brand Sea Salt Potato Chips for serving
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Remove the papery outer layers of the garlic and discard. Keep the skins on the individual cloves of garlic. Use a sharp knife to cut off the top of the garlic head. Place the head in a piece of aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap up the garlic in the foil and place on a baking sheet. Roast for 35-40 minutes or until garlic is soft. Let the garlic cool to room temperature. Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins and smash with a fork.
In a medium bowl, combine the Greek yogurt or sour cream, roasted garlic, blue cheese, chives, green onion, and bacon. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste and stir. Serve with Kettle Brand Sea Salt Potato Chips.