You only need 6 ingredients to make this easy tomatillo blender salsa. It is a perfect match for any Mexican food.
- 1 pound tomatillos, papery husks removed, rinsed and halved
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium bunch of cilantro, stems and leaves
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (2-3 limes)
- 2 Serrano chiles, seeded and chopped
- Kosher salt or sea salt, to taste
Place the tomatillos, onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and chiles in a blender and blend until smooth. If you have a small blender or not a very powerful blender, you can do this in batches.
Season with salt, to taste. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Recipe from The Haven's Kitchen Cooking School by Alison Cayne
If you prefer roasted salsa verde, you can roast the tomatillos before blending. See the post for instructions.
Makes about 3 cups of salsa
Calories: 13kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 90mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 41IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg