Raspberry Dutch Baby
This puffy baked pancake is dotted with fresh raspberries, dusted with powdered sugar, and topped with whipped cream. It is easy to make and a real breakfast treat!
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries divided
- Optional toppings: Kroger powdered sugar whipped cream, Nutella, Private Selection Pure Maple Syrup
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place a 10-inch cast iron or ovenproof skillet in the oven so it can get hot.
Meanwhile, add the eggs to a blender, and blend until frothy, about one minute. Add the milk, flour, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Blend until combined.
Remove the hot pan from the oven and add the butter. Return to the oven until the butter is melted. Carefully and quickly swirl the pan to coat the bottom. Pour the pancake batter into the center of the pan and add 1/2 cup of the raspberries. Place pan in hot oven.
Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until the pancake is golden and puffy around the edges and the center looks set.
Remove from the oven and dust with confectioners’ sugar and top with the remaining fresh raspberries. Serve immediately with desired toppings.