Asian Kale Salad
This colorful and healthy salad is great served as a main dish or side dish. Feel free to add nuts, tofu, chicken or fish for a boost of protein!
- 6 cups chopped kale ribs removed
- Sea salt
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots or carrot matchsticks
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1 avocado pitted and chopped
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- Sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- Newman's Own Sesame Ginger Dressing
1. Put the kale in a large bowl and sprinkle with a dash of sea salt. Massage the kale with your hands until the kale is a darker green. Top the kale with edamame, cabbage, carrots, peppers, avocado, and cilantro. Garnish with sesame seeds, if using. Drizzle dressing over the salad and serve immediately.