Blueberry Coconut Crisp
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
Juicy blueberries are topped with a sweet and simple coconut oat topping. This easy dessert is perfect for summertime!
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 cup almond meal or whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- Ice cream or yogurt for serving optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Pour blueberries into dish and pour lemon juice over the berries. Gently toss.
In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour or almond meal, coconut, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Pour coconut oil over the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
Sprinkle the oat mixture evenly over the blueberries in the pan.
Bake the crisp for 35 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling. Serve warm with ice cream or yogurt, if desired.
Note-cover cooled crisp and store in the fridge for up to 2 days.