Spring Pasta Salad
This fresh, simple, and healthy pasta salad makes a great spring main dish or side dish! It is the perfect salad for potlucks, parties, and picnics.
- 1 pound DeLallo's Organic Whole Wheat Farfalle Pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces, ends trimmed and discarded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups peas we use frozen
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Salt and freshly-cracked black pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta to al dente texture, according to package instructions. Three minutes before the pasta is done cooking, carefully add in the asparagus pieces. When the pasta is done cooking, drain the pasta and asparagus. Rinse cold water over the pasta and asparagus.
Pour the pasta and asparagus into a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and stir. Add the spinach, peas, artichoke hearts, lemon juice, feta cheese, and basil. Toss until combined and season with salt and black pepper. Serve!
Note-the pasta salad will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If storing it in the fridge, freshen it up with an extra drizzle of olive oil and squeeze of lemon juice before serving.