Brown Butter Toffee Milkshake
The brown butter makes this milkshake an extra special treat!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped toffee candy bar Heath or Skor
- Whipped cream and extra chopped candy bars for garnish if desired
1. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat and continue to cook, swirling occasionally, until butter turns golden brown and has a nutty aroma. Remove from heat. Pour into a bowl to stop the cooking, leaving any burned sediment behind; let cool completely.
2. In blender combine the vanilla ice cream, milk, toffee and cooled brown butter. Blend until smooth. Pour into glass and garnish with whipped cream and toffee, if desired. Serve immediately.