Green Chile and Roasted Tomato Guacamole
The green chiles and roasted tomatoes make this guacamole extra special. Serve with tortilla chips or along side your favorite Mexican dish!
Recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large ripe avocados
- 1 4.5 oz can Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 small jalapeño pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips for serving
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place grape tomatoes on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil. Roast until tomatoes are juicy and start to pop, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool to room temperature.
Cut each avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin, and place the avocado flesh in a bowl. Smash avocado with a fork until desired consistency.
Add the green chiles, cilantro, red onion, jalapeño, lime juice, and cotija cheese. Gently stir in the roasted tomatoes. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.