Blueberry Coconut Muffins
Coconut muffins made with white whole wheat flour, coconut oil, coconut milk, coconut, and blueberries. Coconut fans will go crazy for these muffins!
Recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod
- 1 1/2 cups White Whole Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 large egg or flaxseed replacement, see note
- 3/4 cup lite coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin pan or line pan with muffin liners. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
In a separate medium bowl, mix coconut oil, egg, coconut milk, and vanilla together.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula. Stir until just combined. The batter will be thick. Gently fold in the coconut and blueberries.
Divide batter among prepared muffin cups. Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer muffins to a cooling rack and cool.
Note-you can make this recipe vegan by replacing the egg with 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds and 3 tablespoons water. Stir together until thick and add to coconut oil, coconut milk, and vanilla.