Grilled Kale Salad with Berries & Nectarines
Grilling kale makes it crispy with a slight smoky flavor. Top with berries, nectarines, and almonds for a healthy, gorgeous, and delicious summer salad.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave or honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 nectarines pit removed and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
1. Wash the kale and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, agave or honey, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Liberally brush the kale leaves with the dressing, using about 2 tablespoons.
2. Heat the grill to high heat. Grill kale, turning once, until crispy and charred at edges, about 2-3 minutes. Let the kale cool to room temperature. Remove large center stems with a knife and discard. Roughly chop the kale leaves.
3. Place kale leaves in a large bowl. Add the nectarines, blueberries, raspberries, and almonds. Drizzle salad with additional dressing. Toss and serve.