Roasted Corn & Red Pepper Guacamole
Guacamole with avocados, roasted corn, roasted red peppers, cilantro, lime, red onion, and Tabasco garlic pepper sauce. You will be hooked after one bite!
- 1 ear of corn shucked
- 1 red pepper
- 3 avocados
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3-5 dashes of Tabasco Garlic Pepper Sauce
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Grill corn over medium-high heat, on all sides, until charred. Remove from grill and set aside to cool.
2. Turn the grill to high heat. Place the red pepper on the grill and grill until all sides are black. Place the pepper in a brown paper bag and let sweat for 10-15 minutes. Remove the charred skin. Cut off the stem and removed the seeds. Chop up the red pepper. Cut the corn kernels off of the cob.
3. Halve avocados and remove pit. Cut avocado into a dice inside the skin, then scoop out with a spoon.
4. In a large bowl, combine corn kernels, red pepper, avocados, cilantro, red onion, lime juice, Tabasco, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Serve.
Note-If you don’t have a grill, you can roast the corn and red pepper over a low flame burner and rotate every 10 seconds to char on all sides. You can also use the broil setting in your oven. You can also use jarred roasted red pepper to save time.