Blueberry Yogurt Waffles
Whole wheat blueberry yogurt waffles garnished with strawberries, blueberries, and whipped cream. These waffles are perfect for the 4th of July or Memorial Day.
Recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod
- 1 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Gold Medal whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt we use 0% Chobani
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup blueberries if using frozen, do not thaw
- Strawberries sliced
- Whipped Cream
1. Preheat waffle iron.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and sugar. In another bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Slowly pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients. Whisk until just combined. Gently fold in the melted butter and blueberries.
3. Grease the waffle iron with butter or cooking spray. Scoop out 1/2 cup of waffle batter, or the amount recommended by your waffle iron's manufacturer. Pour batter onto the hot iron. Smooth the batter to the edge of the grids with a spatula. Close the lid and bake until browned and crisp. Serve warm with strawberries, blueberries, and whipped cream.
Note: If you want to keep the waffles warm until serving time, put the waffles on a baking sheet and place in a 200 degrees F oven until you are ready to eat. If you have leftovers, place waffles in a freezer bag. To reheat-pop them in the toaster!