Chocolate Dutch Baby
Chocolate Dutch Baby pancake mixed in the blender and baked in the oven. This easy puffy, chocolate baked pancake is the perfect breakfast for Valentine's Day.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar for dusting
- Strawberries for serving, optional
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a blender, combine milk, eggs, flour, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla, and granulated sugar. Blend until well combined, about 1 minute.
In a large cast-iron skillet, we used a 10 inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Pour batter into skillet and immediately transfer to oven. Bake until puffed and set, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately with strawberries, if desired.
Note-if you don't have a cast-iron skillet, you can use a round cake pan.