Easy cheese dip made with white American cheese, Pepper Jack, onion, jalapeño, poblano pepper, cilantro, and tomato. Serve with tortilla chips.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1 medium jalapeño diced
- 1 medium poblano pepper roasted and diced
- 10 ounces white American cheese shredded (find this cheese at the deli counter)
- 6 ounces Pepper Jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 Roma tomato seeds removed and diced
Heat canola oil in a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion and jalapeño pepper until softened and reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in the roasted poblano pepper. Add the shredded cheese and milk. Stir until mostly melted.
Stir in the tomatoes and chopped cilantro. Serve with chips immediately.
Note-if you plan on serving this at a party, you may want to serve it in a crockpot so the cheese stays melted.