1. Brush both sides of the polenta cakes with the olive oil, and set aside.
2. Heat a grill pan until really hot. Lay the polenta cakes in one layer on the pan, and grill for 8-10 minutes on each side or until both sides are golden and crunchy and have grill marks.
3. Remove the cakes from the grill and let cool on a baking rack.
4. Just before you are ready to serve, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange the grilled polenta cakes on the baking sheet. Place a heaping tablespoon of your favorite tomato sauce on each slice, then add a generous amount of freshly grated Parmesan cheese to each. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Garnish with fresh chopped basil, kosher salt, and cracked pepper, and serve warm.