Easy Spinach Salad
This simple spinach salad goes great with any meal!
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Dash of salt and ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 large Honey crisp apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup roughly chopped candied pecans or pecans, can use walnuts or almonds
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese or goat cheese
To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
To assemble the salad, place the spinach, apple slices, avocado, red onion, pecans, and cheese in a large bowl. When ready to serve, drizzle with dressing and toss. Alternatively, you can plate the salads and serve the dressing on the side.
This salad is very flexible. See the post for different ideas.
The dressing can be made in advance and kept in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Whisk or shake before drizzling over the salad.
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 251mg | Potassium: 395mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 3444IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 126mg | Iron: 2mg