Oatmeal White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies
Oatmeal cookies with dried cranberries and white chocolate. These are a favorite Christmas cookie at our house, but they taste good anytime of the year!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
3. Using a mixer, beat the butter and sugars together until smooth. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Slowly add the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Stir in the oats, dried cranberries, and white chocolate chips.
4. Roll cookie dough into tablespoon size balls and place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Don’t let them get too done…they are better when they are soft! Let cookies sit on the baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.