Simple Sesame Asparagus
This quick and easy asparagus recipe is perfect for springtime or anytime!
- 1 pound asparagus washed and ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or honey
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds can also use black sesame seeds
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cut the asparagus spears into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, and crushed red pepper flakes. Set aside.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the asparagus and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the soy mixture to the pan and stir until asparagus pieces are well coated in the sauce. Cook for 3 to 4 more minutes or until the asparagus is tender, but still crisp.
Remove the pan from the heat and drizzle the sesame oil over the asparagus. Stir well. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
Calories: 97kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 506mg | Potassium: 266mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 855IU | Vitamin C: 6.8mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 3.2mg