Skillet Vegetarian Enchiladas
Skillet Vegetarian Enchiladas are made in one pan and only take 30 minutes to make. This easy enchilada recipe is always a dinner favorite!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/2 poblano pepper seeds removed and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper seeds removed and chopped
- 1 small zucchini chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 15 oz black beans canned, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 juice of lime
- 20 oz red enchilada sauce
- 8 corn tortillas cut into thick strips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican blend cheese divided
- 1 green onion sliced, for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro for garnish
- 1 avocado pit removed and chopped, for garnish
- Radish slices for garnish
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
In a 12-inch oven safe skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion, poblano pepper, red pepper, and zucchini. Sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
Stir in the corn, black beans, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, and lime juice. Pour in half of the enchilada sauce and stir. Add the tortilla strips and stir. Pour in the remaining enchilada sauce and stir until all of the tortilla strips are covered in sauce. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce thickens a little. Add in 1 cup of the shredded cheese and stir until the cheese is melted in. Top with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
Place the skillet in the preheated oven and cook for 5 minutes or until the cheese on top is melted. Remove from the oven and let the enchiladas sit for 5 minutes. Top with green onion, cilantro, avocado, and radish slices. Scoop the enchiladas onto a plate and serve warm.
Calories: 467kcal, Carbohydrates: 55g, Protein: 21g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Fiber: 14g