Strawberry Banana Bread
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
Strawberry Banana Bread-moist banana bread bursting with juicy, sweet strawberries! This is the perfect banana bread recipe for spring and summer when strawberries are in season!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time55 mins
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
Keyword: banana bread, strawberry
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas (3 medium ripe bananas)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups chopped strawberries, tossed in 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 strawberries, sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar, for sprinkling on bread
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas with the brown sugar and mix until smooth. Stir in the eggs until well combined. Pour in the melted butter and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined, don’t over mix. Gently fold in the chopped strawberries.
Pour the batter evenly into the prepared loaf pan and gently press the sliced strawberries on top, if using. Sprinkle turbinado sugar over the top of the loaf. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean, about 55 to 65 minutes. If the top of the bread is getting to brown, you can tent a piece of foil over the bread pan to keep the top from browning.
Remove the bread from the oven and let sit in pan for 10 minutes. Loosen with a bread knife around the edges and carefully remove the bread from the pan. Cool completely on a cooling rack before slicing.
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 158mg | Potassium: 187mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 290IU | Vitamin C: 8.7mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1.2mg