Hearty Vegetarian Chili
This healthy and hearty vegetarian chili recipe is a family favorite! It is packed with vegetables, beans, spices, and lots of flavor! Even meat lovers will enjoy this vegetarian chili, it is sure to satisfy everyone!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz baby Bella mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz fire roasted tomatoes
- 30 oz (2 cans) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz (1 can) small red beans or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped deli-sliced tamed jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional Toppings: avocado, tortilla chips, plain Greek yogurt or sour cream, shredded cheese
In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the chopped mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the onion, carrot, and pepper and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, beans, broth, jalapeno peppers, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined. Simmer over low for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, if necessary. Ladle the chili into bowls and serve with desired toppings.
Calories: 359kcal, Carbohydrates: 59g, Protein: 19g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 1190mg, Potassium: 1045mg, Fiber: 19g, Sugar: 7g, Vitamin A: 3826IU, Vitamin C: 31mg, Calcium: 146mg, Iron: 6mg