Caprese Pasta Salad
Caprese Pasta Salad- pasta with fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella cheese. This simple and delicious pasta salad is perfect for summertime or anytime!
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz bocconcini (small fresh mozzarella balls)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons chopped basil, divided
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz pasta (I like orecchiette)
- Balsamic glaze, for garnish
In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, 2 tablespoons of the basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Stir until tomatoes and cheese are well coated. Let sit for 30 minutes.
Cook the pasta to al dente, according to package instructions, making sure you salt the water. Drain the pasta and rinse with cold water.
Add the pasta to the bowl of tomatoes and mozzarella. Stir until combined. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of basil. Drizzle with a little balsamic glaze and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve.
Calories: 289kcal, Carbohydrates: 31g, Protein: 12g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 14mg, Sodium: 32mg, Potassium: 202mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 484IU, Vitamin C: 7mg, Calcium: 153mg, Iron: 1mg