Sesame Ginger Carrot Salad
This bright and colorful Sesame Ginger Carrot Salad is fresh, full of flavor, and a great side dish for any meal. It only takes 15 minutes to make!
For the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil, or other neutral oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or Tamari
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 small cloves garlic grated
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
For the salad:
- 10 oz shredded carrots
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded, stemmed, and chopped
- 1/2 cup packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 scallions sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts or cashews
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- For garnish: Sesame seeds and additional cilantro, if desired
In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the oil, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper flakes. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, add the shredded carrots, red pepper, cilantro, scallions, and peanuts or cashews. Drizzle the salad with the dressing and toss with tongs until salad is well coated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with sesame seeds and fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.
Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 373mg | Potassium: 320mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 8664IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg