Honey Mustard Chicken
This easy Honey Mustard Chicken recipe is bursting with tangy, savory flavor! Make it on the grill during the summertime, or bake it in the oven!
- ¼ cup whole grain mustard
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
Making the Marinade:
In a medium bowl, whisk together the whole grain mustard, Dijon mustard, honey, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper. Reserve a 1/4 cup of the marinade for brushing on the chicken.
Grilling the Chicken:
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat and oil the grates. Remove the chicken from the bag and place on a clean plate. Discard the bag with the marinade.
Place the chicken on the grill and cook, covered, for 5 to 7 minutes, depending on the thickness of chicken. Flip and brush with reserved ¼ cup of marinade, not the marinade you discarded in the bag. Cook for an additional 5 to 7 minutes. The internal temperature should be 165°F.
Allow the chicken to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing or serving.
To Bake the Chicken:
- After marinating the chicken, preheat your oven to 375°F. Spray a large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place the chicken breasts in the prepared pan. Discard the marinade that's in the bag.
- Brush the tops of the chicken with reserved marinade.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes (depending on the thickness of your chicken) or until chicken is no longer pink and internal temperature reads 165 degrees F.
Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 486mg | Potassium: 485mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 157IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg