Summer Quinoa Salad
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
This Summer Quinoa Salad is filled with fresh fruits, vegetables, hearty quinoa, and the most refreshing homemade lemon dressing.
For the Salad:
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 small peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh sweet corn, 1 large ear
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon golden balsamic vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
First, make your quinoa. In a medium saucepan, bring quinoa and water to a boil. Cover with a lid, reduce heat to low, and simmer until for 15 minutes, or until quinoa is tender. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes, covered. Remove lid and fluff with a fork. Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and let it cool while you make the dressing.
In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Add the peaches, tomatoes, corn, avocado, onion, feta cheese, and basil to the large bowl of quinoa.
Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss to combine. Serve at room temp or cold.
Calories: 327kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 153mg | Potassium: 568mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 622IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 2mg