This gorgeous Citrus Salad is made with blood oranges, cara cara oranges, grapefruit, avocado and finished with pistachios, pomegranate, mint, and simple with citrus dressing. It is impressive to serve, but so easy to make! Everyone loves this refreshing salad.
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey (use pure maple syrup for vegan)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
For the salad:
- 2 blood oranges
- 2 cara cara or navel oranges
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1/3 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- Chopped fresh mint leaves, for garnish
In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the olive oil, orange juice, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Cut the ends off of the oranges and grapefruit. Stand each fruit upright and use a small, sharp serrated knife to cut off the peel and any white pith, following the curves of the fruit. Slice the citrus crosswise into 1/4-inch thick rounds.
Place the arugula on a platter or in a large bowl. Drizzle a little salad dressing over the arugula, but don’t use it all. You want to save most of it to drizzle over the fruit.
Arrange the citrus on top of the arugula. Top with avocado slices, pistachios, pomegranate arils, and mint leaves. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve immediately or let sit for 10 to 20 minutes to let the flavors marinate.
Calories: 294kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 615mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 1070IU | Vitamin C: 58mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 1mg