Pumpkin Banana Bread
Your favorite quick breads come together to create a VERY delicious loaf! This easy Pumpkin Banana bread is moist, perfectly spiced, and is great for breakfast or a snack!
Recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup mashed bananas, 2 medium ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, canola oil, or melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar, for sprinkling on top
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas, pumpkin, brown sugar, oil, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until smooth.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir together with a spatula until just combined. Don’t over mix.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
Bake for 50 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean and the bread is golden brown.
Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Loosen the sides with a butter knife and carefully remove the bread from the pan. Let cool on a cooling rack until completely cooled. Slice and enjoy!
Calories: 249kcal, Carbohydrates: 37g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 28mg, Sodium: 209mg, Potassium: 143mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 16g, Vitamin A: 2441IU, Vitamin C: 2mg, Calcium: 33mg, Iron: 1mg