This simple green herb sauce is made with finely-chopped herbs, garlic, olive oil, and red wine vinegar. It is packed with flavor and traditionally served with meats, but can brighten up almost any dish. The best part? It only takes 10-minutes to make!
- 1/2 cup packed flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro*
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, can use 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 small garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, can use lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes, optional
Place the parsley, cilantro, oregano, garlic, and shallot in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. You don’t want the mixture completely smooth; the texture should be slightly chunky. If you don’t have a food processor, you can finely chop all of the ingredients with a sharp knife.
Transfer the mixture to a small bowl. Add the olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
Serve with grilled steak, chicken, fish, vegetables, tacos, and more!
You can use all parsley if you want a traditional chimichurri sauce.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. Let come to room temperature and stir before serving.
Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 149mg | Potassium: 46mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 385IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg