Easy Black Bean Dip
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
This dip can be made in 5 minutes! Serve with tortilla chips, veggies, or crackers for an easy appetizer or healthy snack.
- 30 ounces (2 cans) black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small jalapeño seeds removed and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cotija cheese for garnish, optional
Put the black beans, onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, salt, and black pepper in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
Pour the black bean dip in a bowl and garnish with cotija cheese, if using. Serve with tortilla chips and/or cut up vegetables.
Note-omit the cheese garnish for a vegan dip. This dip is gluten free, just serve with gluten free chips/crackers.
Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 261mg | Potassium: 522mg | Fiber: 12g | Vitamin A: 140IU | Vitamin C: 5.6mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 3.1mg