Easy Black Bean Dip – anyone can throw this bean dip recipe together – put black beans, onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, lime juice, and spices in a food processor or blender and… boom! You have a tasty bean dip full of flavor and good for you too!
Super Bowl Sunday Bean Dip Recipe
Are you ready for some football? The Super Bowl is on Sunday and we are gearing up for our annual party. Every year we have friends over to watch the game, commercials, and to eat good food. That is usually the highlight of the day:)
This year we are making Slow Cooker Chicken Chile Verde with lots of tasty sides. Chips, salsa, guacamole, a fresh fruit tray, Cilantro Lime Rice, and this Easy Black Bean Dip are all on the menu. I am still pondering dessert, but I am pretty sure cookies will make an appearance. You can’t have a party without cookies and Josh is begging for Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies. Sounds good to me:)
Easy Bean Dip Recipe
If you are still finalizing your Super Bowl party menu, make sure you add this Easy Black Bean Dip.This bean dip recipe takes 5 minutes to make. I am not joking. I bet you could even make this bean dip blindfolded. It’s that easy!
Simply serve this Black Bean Dip with tortilla chips, cut up veggies, and crackers. Not only is this bean dip recipe great for parties and snacking at home, but we also like to use this Easy Black Bean Dip as a filling for quesadillas!
How to Make Bean Dip
To make the bean dip, all you have to do is put black beans, onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, lime juice, and some spices in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Boom! You have a tasty party dip that is full of flavor and good for you too!
We like to sprinkle cotija cheese on top of the bean dip before serving. It spruces up the dip a bit. I will admit this bean dip recipe doesn’t make the prettiest black bean dip, but who cares. Looks aren’t everything!
This black bean dip recipe is even Caleb approved. He always ends up with a cute bean face:) Get your game face on and make Easy Black Bean Dip for Super Bowl Sunday!
If you like this Easy Black Bean Dip, you might also like:
Easy Black Bean Dip
- 30 ounces (2 cans) black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small jalapeño seeds removed and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cotija cheese for garnish, optional
- Put the black beans, onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, salt, and black pepper in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the black bean dip in a bowl and garnish with cotija cheese, if using. Serve with tortilla chips and/or cut up vegetables.
- Note-omit the cheese garnish for a vegan dip. This dip is gluten free, just serve with gluten free chips/crackers.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod