Cilantro Lime Rice
This easy cilantro lime rice is the perfect side dish to any Mexican meal and it tastes just like Chipotle's rice, but BETTER!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
In a a saucepan combine rice, butter, garlic, lime zest, 2 teaspoons of lime juice, and broth. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook on low 15-20 minutes, until rice is tender. Remove from heat.
In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, sugar, and cilantro. Pour over hot cooked rice and mix in as you fluff the rice. Serve warm.