Cilantro Lime Rice
Yummy Mexican Side Dish
We got invited to our friend’s birthday party and were asked to bring a Mexican side dish. Josh made Cilantro Lime Rice to take to the party. The rice was a hit and I told everyone the recipe was on our website, well, I lied. Sorry friends! I went to look for the recipe and realized I never posted it. Cilantro lime rice is one of our favorite side dishes so I can’t believe I have never shared the recipe. Well, today we are sharing the recipe so everyone can enjoy!
How To Make Cilantro Lime Rice
We cook the rice in water and vegetable broth to give the rice added flavor. If you don’t have vegetable broth, feel free to substitute chicken broth. Fresh lime juice and cilantro jazz up the white rice to create an outstanding rice dish. Cilantro lime rice is a great side dish to any Mexican meal. We often serve it with enchiladas, burritos, tostadas, fajitas, and tacos. It is simple to make and pairs nicely with all Mexican food.
Cilantro Lime Rice
Yield: about 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- In a a saucepan combine rice, butter, garlic, lime zest, 2 teaspoons of lime juice, and broth. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook on low 15-20 minutes, until rice is tender. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, sugar, and cilantro. Pour over hot cooked rice and mix in as you fluff the rice. Serve warm.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!