Cilantro Lime Rice is easy to make at home and is the perfect Mexican side dish! This easy rice recipe is a family favorite, we make it almost every week for dinner!
Yummy Mexican Side Dish
We got invited to our friend’s birthday party and were asked to bring a Mexican side dish. Josh made Cilantro Lime Rice to take to the party. The rice was a hit! Cilantro lime rice is one of our favorite side dishes, we make it all of the time and it is always a winner! You will love this jazzed up rice recipe!
How To Make Cilantro Lime Rice
We cook the rice in vegetable broth to give the rice added flavor. If you don’t have vegetable broth, feel free to substitute chicken broth. Fresh lime juice, zest, garlic, and cilantro jazz up the white rice to create an outstanding rice dish. We also add a little butter because butter is always a good idea and adds great flavor to the rice.
Cilantro lime rice is a great side dish to any Mexican meal. We often serve it with enchiladas, burritos, tostadas, fajitas, and tacos. It is simple to make and pairs nicely with all Mexican food. It is also perfect for making burrito bowls. We make cilantro lime rice for the base of the burrito bowls and add ALL the fun toppings!
Did you know you can freeze rice? Yep! If we have leftovers after making a big pot of rice, I will freeze some. It always comes in handy!
And if you like Chipotle’s cilantro lime rice, you will LOVE this recipe because it is SO easy to make at home and I think it is just as good…maybe even better! YAY!
If you like this cilantro lime recipe, you might like our Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Recipe recipe too!
Cilantro Lime Rice
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Total Time
- 30 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- In a a saucepan combine rice, butter, garlic, lime zest, 2 teaspoons of lime juice, and broth. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook on low 15-20 minutes, until rice is tender. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, sugar, and cilantro. Pour over hot cooked rice and mix in as you fluff the rice. Serve warm.