Pear Pomegranate Salad
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
This fresh green salad with pears, pomegranate, pistachios, red onion, and blue cheese is the perfect salad for your holiday meal.
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 ripe pears cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese goat cheese or feta work well too
In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup or honey, mustard, and garlic. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
In a large bowl, add greens, sliced pears, pomegranate seeds, pistachios, red onion, and crumbled blue cheese.
Drizzle salad with dressing and toss until salad is well coated. Serve.