Pear Pomegranate Salad
Pear Pomegranate Salad-this fresh green salad with pears, pomegranate, pistachios, red onion, and blue cheese is the perfect salad for your holiday meal.
What are you making for Christmas dinner this year? I am still trying to decide. Help!
I am leaning towards lasagna roll ups or baked gnocchi with green beans and this Pear Pomegranate Salad. I am all about keeping it simple this year. Of course, we will start our meal with an epic cheese board and there will be dessert.
I love this salad because it is super simple and goes with any meal. You can serve this salad along side anything. If you are having ham, prime rib, lasagna, turkey, or tamales, you can make this salad for Christmas. It compliments any meal!
This salad has:
- mixed greens
- pear slices
- pomegranate seeds
- red onion
- blue cheese
All of the flavors come together to create a beautiful and delicious salad. The dressing whisks together in no time and is the perfect finishing touch to this festive salad. The salad is easy to make and pretty to serve. Your friends and family will love it!
If you aren’t a blue cheese fan, you can use crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese. Both are great in this salad too! And if you don’t like pistachios, use almonds or candied pecans.
Make this Pear Pomegranate Salad for Christmas dinner. It is the perfect side dish to any meal.
If you like this Pear Pomegranate Salad, you might also like:
- Pomegranate, Orange, and Avocado Salad
- Apple, Gouda, and Farro Salad
- Apple, Grape, and Candied Pecan Salad
Pear Pomegranate Salad
This fresh green salad with pears, pomegranate, pistachios, red onion, and blue cheese is the perfect salad for your holiday meal.
Yield: Serves 4-6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
For the salad:
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 ripe pears, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese (goat cheese or feta work well too)
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup or honey, mustard, and garlic. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- In a large bowl, add greens, sliced pears, pomegranate seeds, pistachios, red onion, and crumbled blue cheese.
- Drizzle salad with dressing and toss until salad is well coated. Serve.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!