Cucumber and Avocado Sandwich
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
This fresh and simple sandwich is great for lunch or dinner.
Servings: 2 sandwiches
- 4 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds
- 4 ounces herbed goat cheese at room temperature
- 2 Romaine lettuce leaves washed and dried
- 1/2 of a large cucumber peeled and sliced
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup alfalfa sprouts
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Spread the herbed goat cheese evenly on all of the slices of bread. Take one of the slices and top with lettuce, cucumber slices, and avocado slices. Drizzle a little fresh lemon juice over the cucumbers and avocados. Add some sprouts and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
Place a piece of bread, goat cheese side down, on top to sandwich all of the fillings together. Repeat with second sandwich. Serve immediately.
Note-if you can't find herbed goat cheese, you can add herbs to plain goat cheese or just use plain goat cheese. This sandwich is best the day it is made.