Cucumber and Avocado Sandwich
Cucumber and Avocado Sandwich-this fresh and simple vegetarian sandwich is made with cucumber, avocado, lettuce, sprouts, and herbed goat cheese. It is great for lunch or dinner.
Did you know August is National Sandwich Month? It makes sense, it’s too hot too cook, it’s back to school time, and summer gardens are overflowing with fresh produce that are sure to enhance any sandwich. August really is the perfect time to get your sandwich on!
I am currently loving this Cucumber and Avocado Sandwich because it is fresh, simple, and the perfect meal for a hot summer day.
To make a good sandwich, You HAVE to start with good bread. We love using Dave’s Killer Bread, it is our favorite. For this Cucumber and Avocado Sandwich, I like to use their 21 Whole Grains and Seeds bread. It is loaded with whole grains and seeds. Each slice is packed with five grams of fiber and five grams of protein.
To make the sandwich, I spread herbed goat cheese on the slices of bread. Make sure the goat cheese is at room temperature so it spreads nice and easy. If you can’t find herbed goat cheese, you can use regular goat cheese and stir in some minced herbs. Basil, rosemary, or thyme would all be good options.
Next, I layer the sandwich with green goodness: lettuce, cucumbers, avocado, and sprouts. I also give the cucumber slices and avocado slices a little squeeze of fresh lemon juice. It keeps the avocado from browning and it also gives the sandwich a lovely burst of lemon flavor. Season the sandwich with salt and pepper and enjoy!
I love the green layers! This sandwich is great for an easy, no-cook lunch or dinner and it is a great way to use up those garden cucumbers.
Celebrate National Sandwich Month with this Cucumber and Avocado Sandwich. It is super duper delicious!
Looking for more sandwich recipes? Check out our favorite sandwich recipes here.
Cucumber and Avocado Sandwich
This fresh and simple sandwich is great for lunch or dinner.
Yield: 2 sandwiches
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 slices Dave’s Killer Bread, 21 Whole Grains and Seeds
- 4 ounces herbed goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 Romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1/2 of a large cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup alfalfa sprouts
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Spread the herbed goat cheese evenly on all of the slices of bread. Take one of the slices and top with lettuce, cucumber slices, and avocado slices. Drizzle a little fresh lemon juice over the cucumbers and avocados. Add some sprouts and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Place a piece of bread, goat cheese side down, on top to sandwich all of the fillings together. Repeat with second sandwich. Serve immediately.
Note-if you can’t find herbed goat cheese, you can add herbs to plain goat cheese or just use plain goat cheese. This sandwich is best the day it is made.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
This post is sponsored by Dave’s Killer Bread, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.