Three Bean Tacos
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
You can have these tasty tacos on your dinner table in 20 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 10 Old El Paso Bold Nacho Cheese Stand 'n Stuff Taco Shells
- Toppings: Shredded cheese Shredded lettuce, Chopped tomatoes, Chopped avocado, Sour cream or Greek yogurt, Chopped cilantro
In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and peppers and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the beans, cilantro, lime juice, and taco seasoning. Cook until heated and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Place bean filling inside of taco shells that have been heated according to package directions. Top the tacos with desired toppings. We like to use shredded cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, Greek yogurt and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Note-these tacos are also good with flour or corn tortillas!