Three Bean Tacos-you can have these delicious tacos on the dinner table in 20 minutes! They are the perfect meal for busy weeknights!
Earlier this week, I shared one of our favorite freezer friendly meals, Roasted Vegetable Stuffed Shells. I love when a freezer meal can come to the dinner rescue. If our freezer is empty, I usually turn to tacos. I am currently loving Three Bean Tacos because they are beyond simple to make. You can have these tacos on your dinner table in twenty minutes! I have been making them once a week and I haven’t gotten complaints from my boys. We all love them!
Caleb has loved beans from the beginning and I am so glad because they are a staple at our house. He loves all kinds of beans and will even snack on them plain.
I knew Caleb would go crazy for bean tacos so I used three kinds of beans to make him extra happy! I used black beans, pinto beans, and red kidney beans. I threw in some onion, peppers, cilantro, lime, and taco seasoning for flavor! The bean filling comes together in no time! I love that these tacos are packed with protein!
We spooned the bean filling into Old El Paso’s new Bold Nacho Cheese Stand ‘n Stuff Taco Shells which gave the tacos a cheesy kick! I set out a variety of taco toppings and we went to taco town! I like to top my Three Bean Tacos with lettuce, tomato, avocado, cheese, cilantro, and a dollop of sour cream. Taco perfection in twenty minutes!
If you are looking for an easy dinner idea, make Three Bean Tacos! Everyone has time for twenty minute tacos!
Three Bean Tacos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 10 Old El Paso Bold Nacho Cheese Stand 'n Stuff Taco Shells
- Toppings: Shredded cheese Shredded lettuce, Chopped tomatoes, Chopped avocado, Sour cream or Greek yogurt, Chopped cilantro
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and peppers and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the beans, cilantro, lime juice, and taco seasoning. Cook until heated and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place bean filling inside of taco shells that have been heated according to package directions. Top the tacos with desired toppings. We like to use shredded cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, Greek yogurt and cilantro. Serve immediately.
- Note-these tacos are also good with flour or corn tortillas!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with Old El Paso, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that support Two Peas and Their Pod.